Sunday 20 December 2015

Smashbox Shape Matters 3 in 1 Palette Review and Swatches...

Hi guys, so finally, here it is! My review and swatches of the Smashbox Shape Matters palette.


Excuse how messy my palette is, I use it A LOT! And I did try to clean it before hand, but it was a look harder than I thought. 

This palette contains a brow wax, two brow shades, a contour shade, a bronze shade, a matte highlight and a shimmer highlight, and 9 eyeshadows as well as a double ended brush, one end has an angled brush perfect for the brows, and the other end is a fluffy brush perfect for eyeshadows. 


Firstly the brow powders, I have used the darker one a few times, but it isn't dark enough for my brows really, I have used it at the start of my brows, where I'd use a slightly lighter shade, and I do love it for that though. I would be perfect if there was a third slightly darker brow shade in here too.
I have used the wax quite a few times too, it's amazing at keeping your brows in place all day. 

Here are the brow shades.


Next, and possibly my favourite part of this palette, is the highlight and contour shades! 

The top one is the shimmer highlight, which is super pigmented and creates a gorgeous dewy look without looking powdery on the skin. 
The second one is the matte highlight, which I use all the time to set my under eye concealer, and to clean up my contour.
The third is the bronze shade, which is my least used but when I do use it I love it, it's perfect for my pale skin and, despite how it looks on the swatch, it isn't too orange. 
The last one is the contour shade, it's perfect to create a shadow on the face, it's cool toned, blends beautifully and is perfect for creating a subtle or dramatic contour. This is one of my all time favourite contour shades, and I always find myself reaching for this palette just for this contour shade sometimes! 



Finally, the eyeshadows. 

As you can see, they are so pigmented! There is a beautiful range of colours too, you can create a lot of different looks with these, from neutral and simple to bold and dramatic.
The second shade from the left is a perfect subtle crease colour. The first colour is the perfect all over lid colour too.
The black and brown are very pigmented which can be a little scary but they blend out so easily too. They are so smooth and apply beautifully, all of the shadows do in fact. 



Overall, I rate this palette 9/10! If only it had an extra brow shade, and maybe if it came with a contour brush too, then it would be perfect.

I bought this palette when it was on offer for £30 at Boots. 
It is now £60, and you can get it at Boots, and the Smashbox website.  
I'd highly recommend this palette, and I am always very critical when it comes to high end makeup. 

My mext blog post will probably be a 'What I got for Christmas haul'!
So I hope you all have a lovely Christmas.
Thanks for reading, 
Love Abbie <3 






No comments:

Post a Comment